Thursday, January 12, 2012

Say You Want A Resolution . . .


My big resolution for 2012 is to have a better relationship with food. I don't like the size I've grown up to be and in examining that fact, I've decided to examine how I treat food and how food treats me. Let's fact it, the primary relationship of my life has been with food. typical of me, that hasn't always been healthy.

First on my list is to waste no food. I throw away enough food to save the lives of several small children in Africa. Ok. Several LARGE children and a few adults. If there's such a thing as sin, that's it in my book. Plants and animals sacrifice their lives so I can toss them in a landfill. Not good. Not nice. I am pleased to say that so far this year, I haven't tossed out food.

My next focus is simple nutrition. It's bizarre that I eat food that contains no nutritional value. Okay, true popcorn is a whole grain, but in all honesty it's just filler. Something to eat to be eating. Even celery can fill that void, but at least it qualifies as a vegetable and contains Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Potassium and ManganeseSheesh, it's a virtual vitamin with zero calories. Hmm, I wonder how it tastes with butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment