Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Help Me, Jesus!

http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?mid=69B05C52-18FC-4A5B-9C3D-DABD0C2FEA08&sctoken=6467530115804a83aa735f0043b562a5&bhcp=1

This is a link to a book that promises to teach me all I need to know to market my own art for worldwide sales and big time money. So, does this artist really make the money marketing her art or does she make money selling her book to slobs like me who haven't figured out anything better than art by extortion - ie, I paint a lovely picture of YOUR grandchild which you then want so desperately you'll pay (nearly) anything for it. And like, what do I want with a portrait of your grandchild anyway? See, art by emotional blackmail! so, look in the column to the right and click on the donate button so I can buy the book, or leave a message as to why you think this book (and its ilk) is a total ripoff not worth my time, and keep up the blackmail art (please include photo of child, grandchild, dog, granddog, cat, etc.)! Thank you for your support.

5 comments:

  1. I have these same thoughts when I'm invited to an exclusive abundance workshop, costing $999. If you know the secret to abundance, why do you need to teach it to others, and why do you need to charge a thousand bucks??? I suspect the abundance comes from teaching the workshops. Call me a cynic.

    Nana (the cynic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, a very nice and generous cynic! I worry about that too, but wtf - gotta do something and since I can't find anybody who wants to be my manager, I guess I need to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bought a few such books myself (not for that amount). I'll give them to you, if they show up in my clearing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Molly - that would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete